Friday, April 13, 2012

Project 52: Week 15 ~ Sacrifice

This week's theme is Sacrifice. 
I am not sure why I had so much trouble coming up with a photo idea.  It could be I see sacrifice, everyday.  Parents with a disabled son, give up a lot of time to make sure he gets therapy and so much more. Another couple with a one year old, sacrifice their time away from him in order to balance finances and keep their family strong.  Parents of another one-year-old, tolerate long-distance travels (leaving a mother home alone with her child and a father missing his family).   A young man who has sacrificed years and years to become a surgeon.  A husband who works more than full time, in order to support his family. A beautiful couple, in Florida, who raised a family by sacrificing their time, earnings, and more -- in so many ways -- giving up everything for their three girls.

Each sacrifice is done because of LOVE. 

During my hour drive to work, I randomly shot photos out my car window.  This photo reminds me of the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE...also done because of LOVE.

He is not here; he has risen! Luke 24:6


For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Tagging this to Project 52:
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

7 comments:

  1. I love how you interpreted this week's prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the post I have been waiting for!! Those words that you have stored in your brain!! Way to put a story to your picture! Makes it so much better! You forgot one thing...the sacrifice a mother, wife, grandma, mother in law makes to just make sure everyone is plain happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! So true, there is sacrifice all around us everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story as much as the photo. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sacrifice is done out of love. That is truth. Love the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the Minnesota scenery! Some of the best "car" pics I ever took are from Minnesota! I love how the suns brightness really shines!!! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete