Saturday, May 26, 2012

Project 52: Week 21~ Favorites

This week's theme is FAVORITES. 
Traveling to Mammoth Springs with my husband, we witnessed such beautiful colors, where the flowing waters spill across the surface to sculpt magnificent travertine limestone terraces.  The water trickles over the edges from one to another, blending them together with the effect of a frozen waterfall.
The constantly changing topography of the area is a reminder of how fragile our earth is. 
I was totally in awe of the sites we witnessed...a favorite trip, for sure!

This is SOOC.  
Any changes with editing were not realistic.  The steam, the pale blue sky, and the subtle color changes are all real. 

See many other "Favorites":


P52 with Kent Weakley

5 comments:

  1. That is stunning. How tall is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is about 20 feet tall from where I was standing. A walkway with stairs leads the visitors to that point. (A hint of sulfur odor is in the air).

      Delete
  2. I could stare at that pic for a long time. It is so intriguing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Wow! I bet you got a lot of great photos from that trip!

    ReplyDelete